Monday, March 29, 2010

Swimming & What's Next

So I had my assessment swim for the Masters club I'm looking to join yesterday. It was a hard hour in the 50m pool - which itself was a bit new as most of the pools I get the opportunity to swim in are 25m, but it went well none the less. The swim felt good, the coach worked on a bit of technique with all of us, and generally I was pleased with how everything went. Met another girl there who's pursuing the triathlete route as well - she also started last year, but already has 3 races under her belt and is looking to complete a 1/2 IM this year - something I'm not sure I'm ever going to attempt! After all was said and done they assess what lane you'd best fit into in their club, and then let you know when a spot opens up - with 1 being the slowest, and 8 being the fastest I got put into lane 4. I'm perfectly happy with that, I've always been a middle of the pack type, and it leaves a lot of room to get better too! Here's hoping for a spot in lane 4 soon now!

Ian and I have registered for another race this summer - it's the first Toronto Great Urban Race. You register as a team, and then the race consists of the team deciphering local clues, getting items off the list, taking photos of specific things, and generally running around town like mad fools - seems somehow appropriate for us! The top 25 finishers get invites to the championship Great Urban Race - in Vegas... I've walked Vegas - it's a lot larger than it looks... but how much fun!

My first race of the season is coming up this weekend - Harry's Spring Run Off. It's an 8K race around High Park, so nice and local, and also my longest road race to date. The weather forecast is boding well - they're even talking about 20C for Saturday, which will suit me just fine! I also know a lot of people doing this race, which should be fun - they'll all be passing me, but I'll still wave and smile as they go past!


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy Harry's this weekend, it'll be my first time running it, and seeing as how TO Women's Half is there in May, figured it would be great to check out the park a bit! Great job on the swimming, hopefully a slot opens up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete