Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bike!!!!


So I went to the Spring Bike show this past weekend - never have I been so overwhelmed by so much terminology I had no clue about - I'm used to lots of acronyms and tech talk from working in the IT field, but obviously I have a lot to learn about the bike field - if I want to of course! Anyhow, mission was accomplished!

I'm now the proud, excited, pleased, happy, delighted, gratified, thrilled owner of a Louis Garneau Axis 4.0 (perhaps didn't know where to stop with the adjectives there, but that's just how excited I am!). As you can see from my photo it's missing pedals at the moment - which given how gorgeous our weather has been at the moment is quite frustrating - but with any luck I should be getting it fitted for me tomorrow. From all the bike shops that showed up, I in fact ended up buying it from the vendor whose store is at the top of the road from where I live - about a 5 minute walk from me. Makes getting fitted and tune-ups mighty handy!

I also sat down on Tuesday this week and started laying out my training plan for the June 26th triathlon - turns out I should have started training on the Monday before I laid out my plan... ah... and then to add insult on top of that, today was a planned swim, so checked the online schedule for my local pool that indicated they were open from 8:30-9:30 this evening - got there on the dot of 8:30 to be told they've changed the schedule for this month and lane swim actually started at 6:30 and finished at 8:30. *sigh*

I do have some glimmer of hope on the swimming horizon though - I've got an assessment swim lined up for the end of this month with EOMAC - the Etobicoke masters swimming club. It's not a guarantee that there'll be a space in the lane that I'm most suited to with them, but it's a chance at least, and that's a whole lot closer than I'd been getting previously!

At the same time at the end of this month the ridiculously early Wednesday morning running group starts up again. It's always hard getting up when the alarm goes off at 5:15am, but the group is good, and the run pushes me a lot. So, painful, yes, but satisfying all at the same time.

So in summary: swim = hopeful, bike = happy, run = devastatingly early, but satisfying

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! Congrats on the pretty new bike! Good luck with the masters swim, hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete