Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Challenge For You

As pretty much everyone and their dog now knows, I did my first Triathlon this past summer - it was part of the HSBC Triathlon series, and in particular I did the Toronto Island Try-a-Tri. So, here's my challenge to you - yes, I mean all of you! I want some company at the Toronto Island Try-a-Tri this year. Looseyfur already has it marked on her calendar - it will be her first triathlon. I want a whole team of us out there.

The event is on August 14th, 2010 - all the details are here - so there's lots of time for training.

This is my challenge to you - this time last year I was sitting on the couch doing nothing for myself, and I was able to compete in this exact same event. Trust me, if I could do it, you can most definitely do this. There were entries last year of everyone from pre-teen all the way up to a guy in his 80's.

I know I've been muttering about fancy bikes recently also, but you don't even need to worry about that for this race - I saw lots of people doing this race last year on mountain bikes - I did it on a $20 garage sale special.

I've heard from quite a few people how inspired they've been from reading what I've been through in the last year - now's your time to act on it and pass on the inspiration.

Tell me you want to do this, and I'll be sure to hold you to it. I'll encourage and help with your training where I can, and answer questions where I can, or at least point you in the right direction of somewhere to get your questions answered.

So hands up - who's inspired enough to stand up and do this?

1 comment:

  1. i have that one on my radar... but haven't committed to anything yet, as both my son and I will be doing tri's next season -- so I'm just waiting for all the dates to be released for figure out which ones I can manage :)

    ReplyDelete