Wednesday, December 9, 2009

700+ Calories and How I Love the Toronto Public Library

It's Wednesday - which makes it the one day of the week that starts with a nasty irritating noise coming from the side of the bed, followed by a groan and sounds of me walking around half asleep convincing myself that 5:15AM is an hour that people should be eating breakfast to be closely followed by a 6AM running class... really...

Compounded by the fact that we had our first snowfall of the season last night (yea, class is going to only be inside, boo, it's really quite icky outside) this morning was a particularly sluggish morning. Apparently I wasn't the only one affected as only 3 of us turned up for the group class this morning and we proceeded to run circuits of the building the gym is in, drills and sprints down the hallway, then lots of core strengthening (read bridges and planks - ug!). Still, just over 500 calories burned from that, and then I spent the next 20 minutes on the spinning bike getting out another couple hundred knowing I was going to be stuck in a server room through most of today!

There's something so very wrong about getting home before the husband has even gotten up to have breakfast yet though - although I'm letting him off easy today as he had his personal training session last night - it sounds like he only just lived to tell the tale!

Onto the library - I've not owned a library card since... well, University if you count my student cards there - but otherwise I had one growing up, and then not since. We recently got our cards for the Toronto Public Library and I've been playing on their website. The branch closest to us is a fairly small branch, but with a decent selection, but not a lot in the realm of triathlon training and organic gardening/cooking.... what I discovered yesterday is that I can search for whatever I want through the TPL website, put it on hold and they'll bring the book to my local branch and e-mail me when it's sitting there waiting for me... sweet! So, a few training books are currently on hold and making their way to my local branch so I can get some ideas for spicing up my pool training!

2 comments:

  1. Good job getting out there despite the weather! I discovered searching books and putting them on hold this year too, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, welcome back to the library system. Librarians rock... they know how to get free stuff from everywhere...

    ReplyDelete