Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back at it!

Well, with 18 days and counting until the Resolution run, I'm finally able to run again. I got back on the horse with some interval training yesterday - and running after two weeks off is nothing like riding a bike! I will admit I was trying a new interval program that is a bit faster, but shorter intervals, but once my heart rate spiked to 196 I decided to back off understandably! (Don't freak out, January last year my heart rate topped out at 206 from time to time!)

I still haven't decided on the whole bike situation - it's a lot of money to part with! I've seen a couple bikes on Craigslist that would come in around $1000 by the time all was said and done, but something about buying a 2nd hand bike from someone I don't know considering how long I'd like to keep this bike and what I'm going to be putting it through for that kind of money makes me uneasy. I have just found out that there is a Toronto Bicycle Show on in the spring, so perhaps that's the answer to be able to really compare and find a great show special...

I do need to get back in the pool also... I used to train with a team all through High School and University, so always had someone dictating my training to me, now that I swim on my own I find it hard to focus and stick to a plan - or even have a plan for that matter! Anyone know of a good source for some swim training routines that I can stick in a plastic sleeve to take to the pool with me?

1 comment:

  1. i got a book from a library a few months ago, which had training plans in it for half iron, ironman etc. There were specific swim workouts that I jotted down, and figure I could laminate. I joined a masters swim program recently, so I have someone dictating my workouts now, but if you're interested, email me at mel.2ndchances@gmail.com, and I'll forward you the workouts and will try to find the name of the book!

    ReplyDelete