Thursday, December 10, 2009

10 Things I've Now Learnt About Cold Weather Running

1. The first 5 minutes of the run are just going to be cold - suck it up and deal with it.
2. Windchill sucks.
3. I've got my layering right for -4C with a -20C windchill (after the first 5 minutes of course!)
4. Headwinds suck.
5. Headphones don't fall out of your ears when you're wearing a hat (bonus!)
6. Gusts of wind suck.
7. While the thought was I'd get to look at everyone else's pretty Christmas lights I was so preoccupied with watching for ice on the ground I didn't really see any lights...
8. -20 windchill, headwinds and running up-hill really suck.
9. City of Toronto actually does a fair old job of clearing the sidewalks - there was only a couple of patches where I had to really slow pace for the ice.
10. -20 windchill, headwinds, up-hill and sudden side-ways gusts of winds suck the most!

2 comments:

  1. winter came with a vengeance huh? good on you for getting out there though... just be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I completely understand the wind issue. I've been bitching about it since I started. Life on the prairie. :-)

    ReplyDelete