Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Why am I doing this?

I didn't have a big ah-ha moment when I started losing weight - in fact, for the first 3 months of changing my life around I didn't really change my diet that much. I ate what I thought was healthier food, but to be honest, I just didn't know what a healthy food was, or even what a healthy portion size was! Now that I look back at pictures like this I wonder how I was so blind when I obviously looked in the mirror every day - how couldn't I see that I needed to do something for myself - and now!

My family has a history of type 2 diabetes - amazingly my glucose levels never showed the onset in me, but I'm sure if I'd kept heading down the path I was on, it wouldn't have been long before I was in for trouble.


So, onwards several months down the road and here we are - here's a before and after... I'm down just over another 10lbs since these photos were taken, but I'm saving the next before and after shots for what I think my goal weight is going to be - with any luck I should be there in January/February this year.

It's certainly not been an easy or pretty journey, and I'll post more later about what it's taken to get here, and what I'm doing to keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment