Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Next Race - Resolution Run 5K

My next race is a 5K run on December 27th - it's the 25th Annual Resolution Run

On December 27th last year I was posing the question to Ian, my husband, about maybe finding a gym. I couldn't run for more than about 30 seconds without having to stop and walk. This will be my 4th race, and my 3rd 5K so far. My 5K times have been getting faster, with the Scotiabank 5K sitting around 31 minutes, the Oasis Zoo Run at just over 30 minutes (including all the hills at the Zoo!), so my goal for this run, which I know is going to be on mostly flat ground is to break the 30 minute mark - ideally I'd like to shave another minute and be in the 29's for my actual time (not gun time). I will have a bit of a push on this one - Ian is running in this 5K also - it'll be his first race ever!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. You will break 30 minutes -- if not in this race, then in the next! And it'll be so satisfying when it happens.

    ReplyDelete