Friday, May 28, 2010

Less than a month...

Well, May has been a hectic travel month for me culminating in trips back and forth across this great country using as many forms of transportation as I could find (I missed taking a boat anywhere - perhaps I'll have to take a ferry to Toronto Island this weekend!) - and of course writing this while on a train heading home. In total I've managed 1 week at home this month which has of course wrecked havoc with my training schedule - as much as I'd like to, I wasn't about to pack my bike a carry-on! Things have picked up since the dismal start to the month regarding running, and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable again without worrying too much about if my body is going to revolt. I had a fantastic run in Montreal this week discovering parts of town I'm now making mental notes to go back to when I'm not all hot and sweaty. I've not had much time out on my bike obviously, but the little I have done has been at a good pace, and I've clocked a significant number of miles on spin bikes over the past while. The swimmng however - this is where I need to step it up. I really don't like hotel pools - 3 stokes per length doesn't work for me... And trying to find a decent pool while you're on the road and working the pool schedule into the hectic work schedule just doesn't pan out either. So I'll be spending more time proportionately in my local pool this month getting ready for Welland on June 26th, heading out on the bike whenever I can grab the time, and just keeping up the pace with the running. Welland is a sprint distance tri, so the run portion is shorter than the road races I've been doing recently - and frankly I'm rather looking forward to a shorter run!

Oh, and can't forget that I need to practice getting on my cycling shoes and clipping in... Still so aware of how easy it'll be to crash and burn in a heap on the floor by getting that wrong!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at Welland. Totally know what you mean about the clipping in and out thing. Just trying to master that myself! Takes some getting used to, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete