Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just be happy already...

It occurred to me the other day after making a Facebook post bemoaning that shopping was still difficult as a size 8 that I'm looking at this all wrong. When I was at my heviest I wore a size 18/20, couldn't shop in "normal" stores and would have given anything to be a size 12. Size 12 was the smallest I could remember ever being even through High School and University and I don't ever really thinking I was too big then - I pretty much thought, when I was a size 20, that a 12 was as low as I could ever physically get... So here we are today at a size 8, and I see myself looking in the mirror and still critisizing the same things I did previously. If the size 20 version of me could hear me now I'd probably slap myself into next week. So while I think it's ok to try and strive to make things better, I also need to learn to relax a bit and appreciate what I've done to get here. Perhaps less stress will make the end of this journey just a bit easier. And the next time I moan perhaps just threatening to slap me into next week will be enough!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand this post.

    I had the same thoughts a month ago... and then Joel said to me, "Dear, your size 6 jeans are your 'fat' jeans. When in your life did you ever think you'd ever say that?"

    I shut the hell up immediately.

    But you're right on another aspect -- whatever your size is, nothing ever seems to be available or fit right. I think it's just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete