Monday, January 4, 2010

Oooh, that's a full summer...

I've just done all my registrations for my summer races... after a hit to the credit card, this is what's on the list.

April 3 - Harry's Spring Run Off - 8K
May 2 - Sporting Life - 10K
June 26 - Welland Triathlon - 750m, 30K, 7.5K
July 31 - Ottawa Sprint Triathlon - 500m, 20K, 5K
August 14 - Toronto Island Try-a-Tri - 450m, 10K, 2.5K
September 11 - Wasaga Olympic Triathlon - 1500m, 40K, 10K
September 26 - Scotiabank Waterfront 1/2 Marathon

I know I'm definitely pushing myself here, but that's what it's all about isn't it - no point in taking the easy route! Although, 4 tri's in a summer - really ought to think a bit more about this whole new bike thing... oh, poor old credit card... No one warned me being fit could be so expensive!

I may have finally found a masters swim club close by that swims at decent times of the day - with any luck I should be in the pool this evening - I'm prepared for it to be painful, it's been a good 15 years or so since I had a coach pushing me with a swim... Oh, and it's interval running day today... short but painful!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like some great races!! I'm also thinking of Wasaga, maybe Welland, and hadn't considered Ottawa, but I might now! Hopefully I'll get to meet you! Great news about masters, looking forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for sure let me know which ones you end up going for - if you sign up for others in the area let me know also - may be able to come cheer you on! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a busy and fun schedule, nice work up to the Oly!

    ReplyDelete