Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy Busy!

So, first, update on the fitness test from last Friday - body composition is good, strength is less than good... The 12 minute run improved marginally, but I know last time I did it I was dying at the end, and this time felt a bit better - so I'm calling that an accomplishment, oh, and I ran further of course! My training program is focusing a lot more on strength now so I'm not so worried about the strength numbers being a bit sucky this go round, however, on the body composition yet more body fat lost - so much so that I'm now at 25% body fat. Yes, 25% - something about me is finally in the "normal" range! Considering it started this time last year at "obese", we meandered through "overweight", and finally here we are "normal". Stunning!

I've pretty much given up on finding a masters club to swim with - I'm going to have to set a calendar reminder to do this search all over again in August when apparently all clubs start up, and then they stay full for the entire year! So, back I go to the tiny pool around the corner... tonight in fact... their lane swim is thankfully quite late at night, which works well for me after dinner.

Last weekend we spent our time up at Touchstone Resort on Muskoka lake. If you're looking for somewhere quite luxurious to get away for a weekend I'd highly recommend it. Nice staff, has a spa, good gym onsite, good upscale restaurant onsite, some gorgeous views, and the actual accommodations are phenomenal. Full kitchens in each suite, including espresso makers, and half of their units are dog friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment